Now recruiting - Software Developer
.NET Software Developer (C# and C++/CLI)
Salary: £25k-32k Depending On Experience + Bonus
Software Developer based in Barnstaple North Devon, suitable for a qualified and experienced Developer.
We are a growing Telecoms testing company working with some of the largest Mobile and Fixed-line Telecom operators in the world, we have customers in the UK, Asia, Africa, Middle East and South America. We now require the services of a skilled and dynamic person for a role as a Software Developer. The role is to support our bespoke Telecoms testing application, in generating test calls and reporting the test results to identify revenue leakage to our customers, as well as working on new planned products and concepts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Software Developer to join our highly successful organisation in a key permanent role. The right person will be a skilled and dynamic Software Developer.
Key tasks and objectives
• Analysis, design, development and testing of quality, object-oriented code for a real-time event driven product.
• Produce quality documentation for all code changes, working to a design specification where required. Reporting of business relevant software information in a timely way.
• Use of a version control system (Git) on a daily basis to track all code changes.
• Fixing any errors identified by the support/test team or customers to the required SLA’s.
• Maintain the system framework and data integrity associated with the software and SQL Server database, and construct SQL queries as required.
• Consult with customers about their business requirements to develop software enhancements.
• Project work to meet the needs of an ever expanding business.
• You must be capable of working to tight dead-lines and be available for occasional international travel should it be required by the business.
• Strong communication skills to deal with a range of local and international ‘Blue-Chip’ customers.
• Team player to be able to work on your own projects whilst being an integral part of a highly motivated team.
• Confident and friendly over the telephone and in person.
• Any experience of assembling electronic hardware is beneficial and/or an understanding of good workshop practices for simple metal work
Essential Skills & Experience
• Proficient in C# and / or C++/CLI with a good knowledge of the .NET Framework.
• Extensive applied knowledge of OO design principles.
• Good software debug skills, with the ability to work through problems logically.
• Experience of managing updates using source control for merging and releases.
• Android and / or iOS development experience would be beneficial.
• Coding experience for data / statistical analysis.
• Candidates will ideally be qualified to a degree level in a related discipline and be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
• Minimum of 3 years commercial development experience preferred.
• Full UK driving licence and own vehicle. MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
In return we offer
• Salary £25k to £32k, dependent on experience; 21 days paid holiday + bank holidays
• Incentive structure with bonuses earned twice yearly.
• In-house training in Telecoms testing and Revenue Assurance
If you feel you have the right skills and experience to be a success in this position then email us your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com